An Award-Winning Disclaimer

A charming little Magpie whispered this disclaimer into my ear, and I'm happy to regurgitate it into your sweet little mouth:

"Disclaimer: This blog is not responsible for those of you who start to laugh and piss your pants a little. Although this blogger understands the role he has played (in that, if you had not been laughing you may not have pissed yourself), he assumes no liability for damages caused and will not pay your dry cleaning bill.

These views represent the thoughts and opinions of a blogger clearly superior to yourself in every way. If you're in any way offended by any of the content on this blog, it is clearly not the blog for you. Kindly exit the page by clicking on the small 'x' you see at the top right of the screen, and go fuck yourself."

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Then Shall the Lame Leap as an Hart

It's official: I'm fucking lame.

I'm lamer than the lamest beggar, the lamest duck, the lamiest fucking lameoid lamehead lamerizer. Just call me Lameish McLamestein. You know, 'cuz I'm Jewish.

I know-- you're not surprised at this development. How could you be? You, who has suffered through 666 of the lamest blog posts ever penned by someone not wearing an ankle-mounted electronic monitoring device. By now, you know on which side your lame is buttered. You, who know me as someone obsessed with unattractive vehicles from the 1970s, operetta from the 1880s, and typewriters from the 1950s.

What, me lame?

Yes, I've always been so-- certainly. There was never a time in my life when I wasn't lame: we know this. I was never even nerd chic. Skinny pants and skinny ties and thick, chunky Peter Sellers glasses, platform shoes and artistic facial scruff just weren't my thing. Maybe if I could play more than five chords on the banjo and be comfortable wearing plaid... But, alas, no. I don't gel my hair in that sticky-uppy way-- or any way, really. I have health insurance and I cross my legs like a girl when I sit. I pay my mortgage early. I have a mortgage. And a used Volvo. And a wife. And two dogs.

I wear a woman's wedding band, for Christ's sake. That's how lame I am. My fingers aren't even thick or cool enough to necessitate one of those cool man-rings. A guy I work with has a wedding band made out of tungsten. I could wear this man's ring on my big toe.

But I am owning my lameness. I wear it on my sleeve, and pretty much everywhere else. I know there are other lamess bastardcakes out there who are self-conscious about their lameness, who feign more exciting lives either online or when conversing with others whom they perceive to be less lame. They confabulate, stretch the truth, exaggerate, even maybe outright lie about who they are so that the world entire might never know how lame they really are.

On New Year's Eve, Mrs. Apron and I cuddled each other on the couch and watched episodes of "16 and Pregnant". On Demand. On our asses. And, you know what? Best New Year's ever, man.

Put that in your hart's ass and smoke it, you big, bad world, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Rock on with your badass apron!