An Award-Winning Disclaimer

A charming little Magpie whispered this disclaimer into my ear, and I'm happy to regurgitate it into your sweet little mouth:

"Disclaimer: This blog is not responsible for those of you who start to laugh and piss your pants a little. Although this blogger understands the role he has played (in that, if you had not been laughing you may not have pissed yourself), he assumes no liability for damages caused and will not pay your dry cleaning bill.

These views represent the thoughts and opinions of a blogger clearly superior to yourself in every way. If you're in any way offended by any of the content on this blog, it is clearly not the blog for you. Kindly exit the page by clicking on the small 'x' you see at the top right of the screen, and go fuck yourself."

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hail Poetry

Yesterday, Mrs. Apron and I were chatting briefly about my phantom history of poetry.

I used to write it. Now, I don't.

I thought it would be an interesting challenge, though, to dust off the old synapses and try a form of writing I haven't explored since 1998.

Caveat: I have no doubt that the poetry of that era was teeming with awkwardness on many levels. I have every reason to believe that this will be worse.

To Crack

Sugar and wheat
You're far too sweet
To drown alive in milk.

The pirate king
Of whom we sing
Would pillage you at sea.

And then where would we be?
On the evening news, I suppose.

Stay fresh in your bagging
Don't ever go sagging
Stand proud upon your shelf.

And although it is sexist
You're bitch here at breakfast
Even Puffins just cannot compare.


Thank you. Now, to get that taste out of your mouth: go here.

2 comments:

  1. There is not enough poetry about cereal. Or literature in general. Does anyone not like cereal? No, unless they're stupid.

    More cereal poems! ::pounds spoon on the table::

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool i didn't know you wrote poetry!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Rock on with your badass apron!